Visitors...

The Sun is Coming Up...


The sun is coming up and I still haven't been to sleep...Creativity is born out of the deprivation of sleep, I believe. Or maybe it's my job and the inability to rest my mind at this time of day.

I found a really incredible quote that I felt like I needed to share. I am trying harder to work on my art again. It brings me so much joy. So I bought a new sketch book at Walmart at 3am and dug up all my graphite and charcoals because black and white is my absolute favorite. But this quote is what did it for me. Fueled my fire to get me back to me. I've been walking around for a long time forgetting who I am inside. Things have been pushed so far down and really only time could nurture me back to health. Nurture me back to myself. I have never felt better since my long burdened road started about 4 years ago. So I am working on me again now that I feel like my head has stopped spinning. Now that the dust has finally settled just a little bit. It's amazing how ignoring a phone call can do something inside of you that makes you feel empowered. That makes you feel like a real person again and not a shell of someone you used to be. Maybe that's why I'm still awake. I will steal back from these past four years the creativity that was stolen from me.

So here's the quote in regard to my art, well, in regard to me:

"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is nonexistent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery—celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from—it’s where you take them to.”
- Jim Jarmusch

Til Next Time,

Suze

3 comments:

WanderingLili said...

Yay!!! I love the quote! I also totally agree with it!

Sorry I have been such a crappy blog responder but I am super pumped that I have like four of your blogs to catch up on and not just one!

Love you and we'll have to chatter about this ignored phone call.

Mano Rennt said...

GREAT POST! I totally agree with that philosophy!

I think there's also a quote that says: Creativity is 99% inspiration and 1% perspiration... I think :)

I'd love "perspiring" new things :P

- M

Anonymous said...

Creativity is born out of the deprivation of sleep, thats true enough

I really like that quote, except instead of calling it something negative like 'stealing' he should describe the community of art that is created when everyone borrows from each other. It's non-verbal collaboration, I think..

The Area I'm In...

The Area I'm In...
It's Picturesque!

The People Who Read My Rants...