Visitors...

Restless

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
-Lord Byron

Sometimes I feel like I am a restless soul. It is inevitable that I will break away from the things...things...things...things...things of this world--this "junk" society we live in that prides itself upon the crap stored between the four walls that we overpay for and stress out about. I am ready to get rid of it all. To keep only what I need and nothing more. It is inevitable that I will break away, and will do so with character and moderation. I seek nothing more than to just be. To live off of nothing and to do so with truth, pride, and happiness. I am ready to be emancipated from the false truth of material success.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."
-Henry David Thoreau

I've just really been feeling this deep down inside me. Thanks for listening.

Til Next Time,
Suze

4 comments:

WanderingLili said...

You sound very poetic today! But I like your restless ramblings. Hang in there Sweet Pea! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I've felt like this before. (All the time.) I consistently talk about moving away to somewhere far away to start over. Overpaying for your four walls of storage space..and stressing out over it.. The only escape I've found is to have a dream that you can continually chase, and fall back on when things get rough. 'One day things will be different'.

Mano Rennt said...

"We look before and after,
And pine for what is not;
Our sincerest laughter
With some pain is fraught;
Our sweetest songs are those that tell
of saddest thought."

- Shelley

It was 1994 when I read this excerpt, printed in the song book of a Cure album. It was a dark time, but all in all, I found comfort in music, Cure music.

A couple of months ago I felt the need of finding myself and decided to accept my wife's proposal to go to El Salvador on a mission trip. It was an eye opening experience, to say the least, but I was able to just "be me", no frills, no preconceived perceptions, just plain ol'Manizzle.

You'll find your own path :) hang in there, but take a moment to close your eyes and smell the flowers :)

Cheers!

- Manizzle.

Anonymous said...

I have had this 'deal' with myself for a week now, where every day, I need to throw away at least one thing. One of those I've been keeping for no reason, other than it might come handy one day or other. For what, I don't know.
And completely unrelated: My favorite quote is from Thoreau, too:

'As if you could kill time, without injuring eternity.'

The Area I'm In...

The Area I'm In...
It's Picturesque!

The People Who Read My Rants...