Visitors...

Local Laundry Mat

I decided that my comforter needed to be washed. Dilemma...I have tried on numerous occasions to wash my queen-sized white pseudo-down comforter in a regular washing machine and it simply just doesn't work. These comforters blow up like water balloons in the washer because they trap H2O in each of their sewn compartments. Oh...and God forbid you try to take it out to put it in the dryer. You end up with water all over the floor even after the vigorous spin cycle. Plus since my comforter is white, trying to shove all of it in the dryer is possible, but unless you want scorched parts of the comforter, you have to change the setting on the dryer to lower heat which also means that it's gonna take 3x to 4x longer than a regular full load. Which in the end means that if you have accidentally gotten ahead of yourself trying to do a good thing and started at say 7PM, then you're basically screwed outta getting to bed at a reasonable hour. And not to mention drying a comforter in a regular dryer is so high maintenance. Jeez...Louise!! You are constantly having to rearrange and flip the comforter around to get the inside of your wet puff ball blanket closer to the air/outside of the dryer. Are you getting the picture? Too much effort.

But I've always done this...dumb me. But I had a stroke of brilliancy today as I was driving back home. I passed by this really fantastic looking laundry mat. Okay, so I know you're saying man...what the heck is she talking about...fantastic and laundry mat shouldn't be in the same sentence together. And on most occasions I would have to agree with you. Laundry mats suck...but not this one...no no no. This place is fitted with flat screen tvs (improves the hi-tech appearance), free wifi (making it possible to write this blog to you right now), working candy and drink machines (for the growling tummy...very unhealthy...I didn't go near them due to temptation), uncracked and undamaged tile floors, snazzy rolling shiny metal carts to transport your laundry from washer to dryer without losing socks or embarrassing yourself by inevitably dropping a thong on the ground while everyone just happens to be watching you. Plus this place has bright lighting that isn't sporadically flickering like some cheap horror movie. Each washer and dryer operates off of a money card system. You first go to a wall ATM looking thing where you can either insert coins, cash, or credit card (yes they accept cards here for those of us who do not carry cash around because of the horrible habit of spending it) and put what ever amount you need onto the hotel key looking moneycard. Then you take your card to your machine and swipe as needed. Very simple indeed and no hassle wondering whether or not the quarter you stick in will be accepted or rejected.

I am impressed and surprised to say the least. It has exceeded my expectations. So this, my friends, is a much better time saving method to washing my comforter without flooding my laundry room, scorching my blanket, running up my electric bill and wasting my time tended to the readjustment of the dryer contents. Plus, I am washing my other clothes at home right now. Multitasking in two locations at once!

Til Next Time,
Suze

3 comments:

WanderingLili said...

I want pics of the super cool laundry Mat!

Mano Rennt said...

WOW! I have to agree with you, laundry mats suck and look like sets for a SAW movie most of the times, and also, washing a comforter is very time consuming... But I'm really curious about "seeing" that wonderful place you've been to ^_^

So, to second Lili's comment:

Pictures please! ^_^

WanderingLili said...

P.S. I just realized you are not a "FOLLOWER " of my blog. You'd better get on that Chicken! =)

The Area I'm In...

The Area I'm In...
It's Picturesque!

The People Who Read My Rants...