Visitors...

Saint Patrick's Day...Chaos



So I don't know if you've heard, but St. Patrick's Day in Tallahassee is an absolute, drunken festival of college students who skip all their classes and start bar hopping at 6AM for free green beer.



(FYI: That pic is for my sis...Lili. I wonder if your kitties would act like this if they were Irish...Malchik is definitely African American though. And Kittistix...well I'm thinking like Dutch or Russian...what are your ideas on this?)

Back to the subject, though. Six o'clock in the morning...seriously...guys come on...that's a bit much. I really didn't realize how serious people celebrated this March 17th holiday. They give out wristbands for the pubs, so I guess that when ever you drive off, you can come back later in the day???? Please tell me...who was the genius that thought of that idea? Any excuse for a college kid or old man to drink, I guess. Don't get me wrong, I like to have a few drinks with friends, and all, but all day?? Goodness gracious. Also, good advice is to stay off the roads at all costs. The problem comes in that I have to go to work tonight at prime drinking time for these crazies. I will most definitely be on alert.

However, amidst all the chaos, I have always felt that I have some sort of Irish heritage in me...seeing as how I have the red hair and all. There's gotta be at least a little Irish in me, right?? I'm not sure, but maybe.


My brother is absolutely obsessed with all things Ireland.
He's so silly...we took a trip to Nashville over the weekend this past summer when I used to live up in Tennessee, and he literally talked with an Irish accent the entire weekend. He had all the girls in the mall, restaurants, bars, and hotel thinking that he was from Ireland. It was absolutely hysterical. By the end of our trip, I didn't even realize it was fake anymore cause I had gotten so used to it. I laughed so hard at him all weekend long, that I felt like I had done serious ab workouts!!! My crazy family...ya gotta love 'em.

At any rate, I'm feeling celebratory today, so I might have a beer while I cook dinner tonight! LOL...I feel so old...



Til Next Time,
The Red-Headed, Maybe Irish, Maybe Not Suze

2 comments:

WanderingLili said...

I must let you know that Malchik is a dark skinned Russian!

OMG - Tim did that!

Oh and BTW The Hub... I mean Mr. Beer, is now brewing is second batch of beer

Mano Rennt said...

Excellent. We all have a little bit of Irish :) yesterday I was McManizzle, but the Irish accent didn't sound right, coming out of a dude that clearly doesn't look Irish :) and I said "mate" too many times, until someone corrected me and said that WASN'T IRISH, but Australian :(

English, you gotta love it, laddy! :)

The Area I'm In...

The Area I'm In...
It's Picturesque!

The People Who Read My Rants...